Accuris Loading dye with stain for nucleic acid gels, 1ml (6x)
Click to enlarge image(s)
Ideal for excitation of nucleic acids with UV or visible blue light transilluminators. Unlike EtBR, SmartGlow is non mutagenic and does not require special methods of disposal
- Replaces hazardous EtBr
- Excitation by UV or blue light
- Non-mutagenic, environmentally safe
- Two types: PS (Pre-Stain) LD (Loading Dye)
SmartGlow™ LD (Loading Dye) is supplied at 6X concentration and is added directly to the samples. No dye needs to be added to the gel or running buffer. After electrophoretic separation, view and document your results using a UV or blue light illuminator. SmartGlow™ LD emits green fluorescence when bound to dsDNA, ssDNA and RNA.
Protocol for SmartGlow LD
- Prepare agarose for polyacrylamide solution.
- Pour gels.
- Mix SmartGlow LD with samples and DNA markers at a 1:5 (dye to sample) dilution.
- After electrophoresis is complete, view the gel using a UV or blue light illuminator