Accuris SmartGlow Pre-stain for nucleic acid gels, 1ml (20,000x)
Click to enlarge image(s)
Ideal for excitation of nucleic acids with UV or visible blue light transilluminators. Unlike EtBR, SmartGlow is non mutagenic and does not require special methods of disposal
- Replaces hazardous EtBr
- Excitation by UV or blue light
- Non-mutagenic, environmentally safe
- Two types: PS (Pre-Stain) LD (Loading Dye)
SmartGlow PS (Pre Stain) can be used as a direct replacement for Ethidium Bromide in agarose and polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. The stain emits green fluorescence when bound to dsDNA or ssDNA and emits red fluorescence when bound to RNA. SmartGlow PS exhibits excitation peaks at 290nm and 490nm, allowing it to be used with UV and blue light.
Protocol for SmartGlow PS
- Add 5ul of SmartGlow PS stain to the gel solution before pouring gels.
- For enhanced results, add SmartGlow PS to the running buffer at a ratio of 2.5ul to 5ul per 100ml. Adding SmartGlow PS to the running buffer will result in increased sensitivity and better detection of small quantities of nucleic acid.
- After electrophoresis is complete, view the gel using a UV or blue light illuminator
||SmartGlow Pre-stain for nucleic acid gels, 1ml (20,000x)
||SmartGlow Loading dye with stain for nucleic acid gels, 1ml (6x)
||SmartBlue Transilluminator, includes amber filter cover,230V